Sam Nam is a licensed CA Real Estate Broker with over 20 years of experience. His real estate career began at Bank of America, and went on to to work for some of the largest companies in the world, such as PriceWaterhouseCoopers, where he managed a team of analysts in the securitization division in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Sam was also a manager at Pacific Life Insurance Company in the commercial real estate investment division, working on every aspect of a deal, including analyzing cashflows, valuation, property inspection, investment recommendations and presentations, loan underwriting, and portfolio management.
Some of the high-profile deals he worked on throughout his career include:
- Rockefeller Center in Midtown Manhattan
- Donald Trump’s building in Downtown Manhattan
- Regional malls such as Fashion Valley in San Diego
- Westin St. Francis in Union Square of San Francisco
- Resorts like the Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ
During his twelve years in corporate real estate, Sam learned through personal experience with his own transactions and loans that he wasn’t getting the service and execution that he expected. Communication by real estate agents and loan officers was lacking– it seemed as if the agents’ goals were to obtain listing agreements that were based solely on recent sales figures. Plus, loan officers seemed to ask for more and more paperwork, even after two-months into the process.
In addition to his role as head of WindWater's Multi-Family Division, Sam is determined to provide all WindWater clients with access to the best sources of capital and real estate expertise, in order to save them time and money by blending relevant analytics, technology, innovative thinking, unparalleled service, and his extensive relationships with institutional lenders and other real estate professionals.
Sam holds an active NMLS license and owns rental properties throughout Orange County.
- Underwrote and originated over $3.0 billion in commercial and residential loans, and managed a $2.5 billion portfolio.
- Owns and manages investment properties.
- Residential re-sales, short sales, corporate relocation transactions, institutional investments, finance, real estate development and portfolio management
- Residential & Commercial loans – fixed, adjustable, permanent, construction
- Other property type experiences include: Multifamily, Hotel/Resort Hotel, Office, Industrial, and Retail